Reporting to the Head of the Accommodation and Programming Department, the Education Assistant works with the members of the home’s care team and helps develop different programs. They lead individual and group activities, help assess residents’ behaviour and attitudes, and write requested observation reports.
The Education Assistant will have the opportunity to participate in developing support practices for residents. They will make observations, develop an understanding of each resident’s situation, and collect information to help assess the residents’ needs, abilities, lifestyle habits and behaviours and actively follow up on care. The incumbent will, among other things:
Have completed or be in the process of completing:
Join the Véro & Louis Home team!
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first Véro & Louis Home was inaugurated in Varennes in May 2021. This pioneering living environment is designed for the needs of autistic adults aged 21 and over, with or without intellectual disabilities. The Foundation not only built the home according to the world's best architectural practices for an ideal physical environment for autistic individuals, it developed an educational program to support the residents and help them develop their potential on an ongoing basis. We are currently expanding our team. We’re looking for people who want to help make the project a great success!
There are many other great reasons to come work with us:
– Our project is innovative and supported by research projects.
– You can play a role in developing practices for adults with ASD.
– Your workplace is a friendly, people-focused living environment.
– Your positivity, creativity and ideas are appreciated!
– You will receive full support during your onboarding process.
– We provide employees with an ongoing training program.
– Our beautiful facilities offer our residents a variety of activities including swimming, sports, cultural activities and gardening.
– What’s more, we provide group insurance, a group RRSP and your meals, and we now have a charging station for your electric cars!
– Public transit is available near the Home.
Join the team at the Véro & Louis Home!
The values of the Véro & Louis Foundation are integral to its culture and purpose. They can be summarized in one fundamental principle: respect for difference, which is the basis of our attitudes, conduct and actions. This means offering our residents, their families and our employees the best possible conditions to enhance their well-being and quality of life.
RESPECT - COMMITMENT - INNOVATION - KINDNESS
These four values are also central at Véro & Louis Homes. Certain values underlie our respect for difference:
Each resident and their family members are treated with compassion at all times, which is integral to the approach of our services.
Every resident is a human being like anyone else with the right to dignity. It’s important to respect their choices, forms of expression, reactions, interiority, and physical, moral and spiritual integrity.
Ethics are top of mind for all employees, volunteers and other staff members at the Véro & Louis Home in all parts of their work with residents.
Solidarity between all team members at the Home is foundational to the assistance they provide our residents.
Thank you for supporting our cause!